Proper care in packing your case for shipping plays a significant role in the quality of the case and service we can provide. Broken models can result in ill-fitting prosthetics which means a new impression and an inconvenience to you and your patient.
Follow these steps when sending your cases to the laboratory to ensure a safe delivery:
- Disinfect the all case materials, place in the bag and seal.
- Wrap models individually and securely with bubble wrap.
- Additional bubble wrap should be added to fill the box to avoid movement and possible breakage during shipping.
- When shipping an articulator and face-bow:(a) Remove models from articulator and wrap individually OR (b)If models remain on the articulator, please separate the articulator. Each piece should then be wrapped individually and anchored in the box. The face-bow and other enclosures should be wrapped separately.
- Shipping loose crowns, bridges and/or shade tabs: Place in a separate small container or sealed plastic bag and wrap separately to avoid loss or breakage.
- Any photos or slides that accompany the case should be placed in a plastic bag for protection.
Pickups and Deliveries
Colonial Dental Lab offers pickup and delivery service with their own vehicles for these Southern New Jersey Counties: Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Salem, Cumberland, Atlantic and Cape May. We also offer pickup and delivery service to Philadelphia. If your practice is outside this area we still offer door to door pickup and delivery thru United Parcel Service (UPS). If you would like to request a pickup, either with our couriers or UPS, call us at 1-800-822-0477 or 1-856-753-6600.
Help us protect your cases
If you do not have the proper supplies, please contact us. We are happy to assist you. If you are a new customer, please contact Colonial Dental Lab at 1-800-822-0477 or 1-856-753-6600 for a starter kit which includes everything you will need to send your first case to our laboratory. We sincerely look forward to a long and lasting working partnership.
Please note that Colonial Dental Lab’s business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM, EST. Please contact us for specific questions related to your case.